Sunday, June 7, 2015

Marshall Knobs Trail, Barfield Cresent Park, June 5, 2015

We decided to go for a semi-early hike Friday morning, and actually made it onto the trail by 9am (hey, I said "semi-early"). It was quiet and peaceful, a few people here and there, some with kids or dogs, but not overly crowded. This particular trail is paved for about .75 miles, then goes down some dirt stairs to the river, and becomes more of a "hike" and less of a "walk" for the rest of the 2.65 miles of the loop. We took a quick break for water and our #trailkisses photo along the paved area.












We stopped by the river for a break to enjoy the scenery and listen to the water burble. While there, we got to watch this guy for a while. He barely moved at all, until suddenly he swooped down, dipped his feet in the water, then swooped back up and looped around to land on the branch again. We're told he hangs out there a lot.



I didn't spend as much time taking photos this time, but there was one other image that caught our attention and I had to capture it. Rock Stacking! I did a tiny little bit on that last hike, but this was detailed and awesome. The reflection of the pointy rock behind it just adds to the whole thing.



This trail is a little steep for me in parts, wearing me out pretty quickly and requiring short breaks to catch my breath, but I'm sure the more we go, the easier it will get. There are two 1 mile loops off Marshall Knobs Trail that would make it into a 4.5 mile hike, and one day, I'd like to do the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment